Do you often feel like you’re just getting by…and never getting ahead? Are you ready to take the next steps toward a financial goal? (Maybe with the help of an IDA?)
At NEDCO, just about everything we do starts with a solid Financial Foundation. (And who couldn’t use a little help in that area?!)
Whether you want to…
- Buy a car
- Buy a home
- Go to college
- Build your savings
- Save for retirement
- Start a small business
Typically taught as a four-part series, Financial Foundations covers the core topics to help you reach your financial goals:
- Setting realistic goals and breaking them into bite-size pieces
- Creating a budget that lets you pay down debt and save
- Figuring out your “spending leaks” – and whether you want to keep them or fix them
- Reviewing the best strategies for paying down debt, resolving collections, etc.
- Understanding, building, and repairing credit
- Determining insurance needs (for yourself and your asset)
- Introducing to long term financial planning: retirement plans, college savings plans, etc.
The Individual Counseling
Our Asset Building Specialists are ready to sit down with you one-on-one to review your financial situation and help you develop an action plan for moving forward. You have the option to meet with a Specialist at any time-before, after or during the class! Your Specialist will assist you in the following ways:
- Help you set your personal financial goals;
- Review your free single bureau credit report with you, to make sure it’s accurate and then create a plan to repair or rebuild and credit issues, pay down debt, or just build stronger credit;
- Analyze your financial situation and help you create a budget that will allow you to pay down debt and save toward a your financial goal;
- Refer you to other resources that will help you toward your goal;
- Answer any questions that came up during class;
You can take Financial Foundations as a stand-alone class, or combine it with any of our asset-specific classes (homeownership, small business start-up, etc.).
Financial Foundations is also the pre-requisite class for all IDA programs. Your Specialist can do a basic eligibility screening and help you get started on the IDA paperwork–be sure to check out the basic eligible requirements here. Financial Foundations is the required financial class for all IDA participants, and must be completed before applying for an IDA.
Registration for Financial Foundations includes an individual consultation with a financial counselor and a single bureau credit report.
*Refunds for services are available only in extenuating circumstances. No refunds will be given within 48 hours of a class or appointment.*
Success Story: A home of his own- Abel Poton
Abel opened a door to a new beginning by accomplishing his dream of purchasing his first home in August 2011. Abel’s determination to succeed and his vision to provide a secure home of his own for his three children helped him reach his goal. Read More