Job Status: Part time, 20 hours per week with the possibility of more hours
Job Site: Springfield office
Job Salary: Wage commensurate with experience ($13.00 – $17.00/hour)
Supervisor: Finance Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Finance Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the Accounts Payable function. The Finance Assistant is a member of the Finance Department and therefore will aid in providing complete service to the whole of the company. This position provides administrative support for the Finance Director in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, and cash handling.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions for NEDCO and CLW.
- Responsible for MarketPlace@Sprout market reconciliation.
- Record payments on deposit logs.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Open mail and distribute.
- Track and record copy count for each program.
- Issue postage and record postage count for each program.
- Gather and track vendor W-9s and Certificates of Insurance, issue 1099s.
- Filing, making copies, retrieving data as needed.
Specific projects as assigned or developed
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to perform job)
- Background in Accounting required.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Experience working with Excel spreadsheets required.
- Research and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently within a flexible work structure.
Along with other NEDCO staff, share in promoting peer support, team problem solving, conflict resolution, and ethical communication among office staff, with community partners and throughout NEDCO.